Who am I? And how did I get here?
I have lived most of my life in South East Asia, and migrated to Indonesia in 1996, which is where I now live. I am an Indonesian citizen.
Oh, and why not, while we're at it, here, download my genome.
I have a many attachments to children, grand-children, wives, companies, and felines. One of the cats is named Cimon (Chee-mon), who is all white, except for one yellow and one blue eye. I have had Cimon for about 6.016237 years now. The other feline is better not mentioned.
Apart from my everyday business activities, I think about, study, and do a few other things. Below is a list of my current interests-study-activity, with wiki links provided for unfamiliar words/terms, and so it is clear what I am referring to when using these words/terms.
- group theory
- human biological|cultural|technological evolution
- nutritional biology
- human discourse
- secularized dharma (#mydharma)
- horizontal internetworking (P2P|Mesh|FidoNet|usenet)
- quasi-autonomous internetworked human communities
- sitting on my boat
If you have offers of input, insight, collaboration, or business in these or related areas, please contact me.
This is a list of areas that I have acquired some knowledge and experience over the years.
Sociology & Politics
- Broad knowledge in human cultures, political systems and international relations.
- Specialist knowledge of cultures, history and politics of Maritime Southeast Asia, in particular Indonesia.
- Fluent in spoken and written Indonesian.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of political processes and governmental structures.
- Proponent of open political systems and open technologies.
- Proponent of secularized dharmic assumptions and practices.
- Computer applications programmer (php, SQL, bash, C).
- Linux system administration and scripting.
- Open Source activist providing material and moral support to individuals, groups and government for the use of open technologies, in particular open source software.
- Broad knowledge in animal husbandry, in particular ruminants.
- Special interest in controlled-environment food production systems, in particular hydroponics, aquaponics and invertebrate protein production.
- Special interest in human evolutionary biology.
- Knowledge and understanding of socio-cultural issues in management and communication.
- Development of culturally appropriate organisational and administrative systems.
- Decades of experience as a business and management consultant in Asia, Indonesia most prominently.
- Experienced in interacting with Indonesian government and bureaucracy, directly and effectively at all levels.
- Founder and chairman of the Okusi group of companies, providing corporate services to foreign companies investing in Indonesia, including company establishments, accounting and taxation, audit, merger and liquidation, immigration formalities, and research.
- Director of a number of Indonesian companies operating in IT support, island resort development, sea-based tourism and healthspan enhancement.
1996-2000 | Bachelor of Asian Studies
- Murdoch University | Perth, Australia
Four-year specialist degree programme in Indonesian studies minoring in politics and international relations. Including one year fulltime coursework at Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, in Indonesian, with one semester in the Faculty of Economics, and one in the Faculty of Social and Political Science.
1995-1996 | Diploma of Social Science
- Central Institute of Technology
| Perth, Australia
Two-year programme in Indonesian applied language studies.
1983-1984 | Associate Diploma of Agricultural Technology
- TAFE Agricultural Extension Service
| Perth, Australia
Livestock husbandary and management of various food animal species, focussing on ruminants.
1981-1982 | Certificates in Animal Technology and Animal Nursing
- Bentley Technical College
| Perth, Australia
Husbandary of many various species used in medical research, and management of animal laboratories.